Feb 16, 2010

I think of Istanbul in BW Day 56

I'm delayed. We have holidays and are sightseeing Turkey a bit (trying to find a dry spot, it keeps raining here). So expect touristy snapshots for the next few days ;-P

I'm unhappy about the shot of the day and figuring it out why I feel it's crap should help me get better. I"ll write a PhD on it but to spare you a long drone of faults with this photo, I won't post it here :-)

So I turned it into a statement. I've realized I think of Istanbul in BW. Mostly, I thought, it was due to general colourlessness - seriously, most of the time, colours of this city are terribly dull. But then I get a vibrant colour image and promptly convert it into BW. Weird! But it's how I feel. I prefer it BW, spells the ambiance of this city - for me.

So here you go, the only sunny day in the whole month and I'm presenting it in monochrome :-D


I'm assuming you'd want to see the colours?
You know the sea is blue.
The sky is blue.
The hills are deep green.
:-D
OK, here you go:


It really was a beautiful sunny day


Now this is weird - the colours look right on my freshly calibrated screen. Then they look wrong on this page (a bit greenish) and right again if you click on the image to see it bigger. Wish I understood why!!
I did try to change it but even adjusting colours did not help. Baffled. Then again maybe this is only my problem. Ach, technology ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment