Jan 8, 2011

"Me" has so many versions Year 2 Day 3



Hmmm, yeah, 1 small candle + long exposure + heavy work afterwards to get the look back to what I saw on screen. Sounds weird? As soon as I open my RAW files from warm WB situations in Aperture or Lightroom they end up looking overwhelmingly red. Only happens with warm skin tones. I wish I could figure out why. I do hate spending time correcting it all back to what my files looked like on camera screen and DPP Canon program. Oh, since you might be curious, on DPP these look normal until converted to jpg. And I have my doubts about colour profile playing a role since Aperture works basically on sRGB and Lightroom on AdobeRGB (unless I'm wrong) and they both exhibit the same problem. Must have something to do with RAW conversion profiles but I don't know how to fix that. Slightly I can fiddle with them but not nearly enough *sighs* This influences RAW files from 5DmkII as well as 7D. Should you have any idea how to fix or avoid this, I'd be very grateful for your help.

I had to try this but it's a waste of time.

Oh, and even though the candle was really small, I managed to drip wax all over the place, including my camera... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment