I love the colours, or so I thought!
Scanning is PAINFUL. I had the film developed on Samos, they scanned them, I thought the colours were good but when looking at them, I suddenly realized something was wrong. The frames were cropped and stretched. Initially I thought I was making the mistake when pressing the shutter since it was kind of weird mechanical handle to push down... but then I checked the developed rolls and it WAS as I remembered!
Unluckily I was already in Turkey with only a day to unpack & repack so I developed the whole thing again in Slovenia. I specifically asked them not to crop the frames. They didn't but the colours were just completely different and soooooo washed out I could throw the whole disc (more expensive than in Greece, strangely) straight into the bin!! Practically unusable!! Different program to recalculate the negatives - different results. Grr!
(In the end I uploaded Greek scans. I had to ignore the weirdly stretched ones. I did once combine both scans to fill in the missing part but that was way too much work!!)
Only this image - lower down - was passable. I liked the golden sand. The sky is more washed out. Actually it's also my fault, I should have brought my digital down to the beach to take this pic but I didn't feel like carrying 2 cameras.... a disposable just cannot handle this situation. Still, I kind of like it.
Long live the film!! I need to buy a film Canon camera body (to use the lenses I've got!) to enjoy it.
Disposables are just not the way to go. Still, the results were pretty surprising (good)!! I did shot each situation twice/trice to be sure. Outdoor (it's supposed to handle skiing the little disposable underwater Fuji - I was shocked ;-P) photos were rather hmmmm... not best. It certainly could not handle swimming pool with a waterfall. But still, some quite good pics came out of it. So all in all, I'm happy.
BTW the little disposable gives you absolutely NO control. There's only the shutter handle, and a manual winding of the film...
Click on pic for real colours.

No comments:
Post a Comment