Sep 30, 2010

Take it apart only to put it back together... Day 275

This bridge is taken apart every autumn, only the support remains till the next summer. It actually leads to a sunbathing platform in the sea.

Editing info:
This is one of those situations that WB settings just cannot handle. The sea and sky is cool, the bridge & person is warm. Original was a muck. I adjusted Curves in PS separately for shadows, midpoint and whites to get rid of the colour casts. I then combined the cool sea with the warmer bridge... Since my camera has no flash and I definitely do not bring the big one along for a walk on the beach, I had to adjust the man, since his body was thrown into shadows due to brightness of the sky. I also adjusted mid contrast and straightened.

SOOC


Colour balanced


Lightened man...

1 comment:

  1. Great shot, that guy looks like he has a lot of character. These subtle changes make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete