Jan 1, 2010

The abstract art of mother nature stuck with stupidity of human kind Day 13

I love to walk on the beach. Any beach really, the longer the better. Love the sound of waves, the salty air, the nature's creatures and formations - but I hate the floatsam and jetsam and the leftover sandwich bags, cans of Coke, broken flippers... Then again those do get picked up before the season starts, at least, while the oil residue left on the beach, does not. Can we not build vessels that do not leak (well - oil  - but you can include garbage too!!)?? I mean, how difficult is that? Stupid egoistic and egocentric human race! And then nature takes it all and creates art! How ironic.

Shot at sundown, therefore the saturated yellows in the sand. The strange formations are formed by very strong wind that blows the soft top layer of sand back into the sea and leaves heavy stones and hard packed sand - add evening shadows (of unfortunately weak sun, I'll have to do this again!) and that horrible oil residue and you could hang this on a wall as an abstract painting, don't you think? Therefore todays title The abstract art of mother nature stuck with stupidity of human kind.


Day 13


On this one oil is very visible:







Horrible beauty - what a weird thing!
A BW version:




1 comment: